6.10.2005

you're sure glad you're not

dear friends,

here is a preliminary list of songs, some demos, some live staples, some on the eps:

aimless
apathy
brakelights*
call me down
cremate this band
draftee
the hardest part**
hypnotize me
if you ride it to the end you'll get what you came for
magician's son
recurring theme
red*
self-destruct
waste your time
you can die

I will add a few more, once I sift through the more obscure material. there are also a couple of instrumentals, I think that would be something he'd really, really enjoy so if any of you are feeling brave & want to do an instrumental, there's that option. if you choose an instrumental & decide to do another song on top of it, then you are clearly too talented to be talking to me. let's just stick to email, shall we?

in a week or so, I will put up a definitive list of song choices. & b-brux has kindly accepted to put those files up somewhere so you can all hear them. for the ones that there's no demo of because it's a live staple, I will ask tina & some other helpful man in gray-er (bryan! COUGH! what? subtlety is not my forte) to perhaps do some demos of songs like "draftee", waste your time", "if you ride it..." to put up. failing that, there's always stealth live recordings. muhahahaha.

I already know what some of you would like to do (heck, I know what I'd like to do) but in the interest of fairness, I want everyone to get their opinion out there before any definite decisions are made.

thanks again for being lovely. j asked me last night if anything interesting happened, & I meowed in response. hey, it's better than silence!

love, d

* on the no day/no night ep

** on the ole ep

11 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

the mayan empire wants self-destruct.

and i will provide mp3s of anything that i have (from studio things as well as rehearsal recordings, of which there are at least a few - plus T and I will indeed make demos if you need it).

i should mention that there are ancient studio versions of Call Me Down and Magician's Son (aka Magishunshun), as well as ND/NN-era Self-Destruct. The others are all bad rehearsal recordings where applicable.

11:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know there is one out there of "Removed Overseas..." somewhere.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Bryan said...

i can't even remember how to play that damn song. but there's a j solo version isn't there?

11:24 AM  
Blogger d said...

I have a j solo instrumental of it called simply "overseas". there's a lot of instrumental stuff. he's a busy worker bee.

11:39 AM  
Blogger d said...

ps NOTE TO ALL: all request will be noted but obviously since everyone isn't on the computer at this moment, until there's a definitive list & people have heard the selections, no decisions will be made.

12:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jared likes Self-Destruct and would like to wrestle the Mayan Empire for it. I see a kiddie pool and jell-o.

Also, Baby Be-Gone would like to officially submit their bid for Recurring Theme.

12:43 PM  
Blogger d said...

I dunno, that mary's a scrapper & likes to wrassle 'specially when more than glory's at stake.

12:48 PM  
Blogger mary said...

oh no. either we have to wrestle jared for self-destruct or we have to wrestle the jlm for red.

SO MUCH WRESTLING SO LITTLE TIME.

I am going to the gym tonight to start bulking up. watch out.

2:47 PM  
Blogger d said...

jeremiah, on the other hand...that's tough.

4:26 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

no wrasslin allowed. and dammit no multiple personalities allowed yet, that's what i was told. if steph and jared AND baby begone are all picking ones up front then fine, the mayan empire, HC!, emso, bryan, and mary all get to pick ones too.

5:12 PM  
Blogger d said...

no need to go bananas kids. all requests are noted, everyone will work together in perfect harmony as before (you hear that bryan?).

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home