7.18.2005

in circumspect*

dear participants,

I have had so much coffee, I might just look like a blur to the rest of the office. there are 58 days left until the september 13 deadline.

updates:

1. mary of the mayan empire feat. hula cougar says:

"the mayan empire HAS been pondering guitarmy and our work pertaining thereto. specifically we have decided to kick off "self-destruct" a capella swing-style, perhaps with some snapping and clapping, before launching into a full-on sonic boom that has yet to be constructed. we haven't gotten a chance to practice this per se, but we have been honing our sinatra impersonations. our goal is to make it sound BIG but not necessarily BOMBASTIC - think layers, layers, layers. more layers than the gap. and we are going to be very brave about our Fears of Singing. yes."

that all sounds good to me! bring on the pomp!

2. beastmaster romance played me his brakelights interlude & it's AWESOME. the farfignugen(how the hell do you spell that car name?)-like keyboard line has burrowed into my head like a devilish but lovable parasite. can I keep him mommy?

it sounded done to me & if it is, I'll be so excited because that will mean that travis "man with energy + studio = FAST" & the hearts will have been bested for first one done prize. oh so close!

but I don't know if that's actually so...yet.

3. this wednesday me & the cheez will attempt to do something to magician's son. we don't know what yet but he'll furrow his brow & I'll fidget & something will happen!

4. chris aka richard aka the man who's 40 or FOH'T I finished told me that him & marta plan to attack aimless acoustically with some slide on top. sound delicious. I'm actually hungry thinking about this. what does that say about me?

5. yesterday j said these words to me & they struck a cold terror in my heart:

"I've been thinking I want to finish mr. invisible once & for all. I'd like to put a cello on it."

WOOOOUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!?!

(frantic inner voice)

relax. you live with him. he got osmosis cello from all the pillow sharing, that's all. right? RIGHT????

love, d

*apparently it's a mathematical term

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home