7.25.2005

calming sound (SECOND EDITION)

dear participants,

51 days to go. which seems like a lot but isn't really. time flies & so do pigs*!

firstly, the needs:

1. for some reason there was no mercury lounge recording made of friday's mig show which made me cry a little on the inside in frustration but hey! what can you do? I went home, bit my pillow then settled into a nightmare filled sleep. this one featured tons of cats of all stripes & colors in closets, cupboards & ceilings, meowing loudly for food. can anyone figure out what that means?

unfortunately, the lack of recording puts me in a bit of a pickle. a-ross aka secret dakota ring needs to get a demo of "ride it..." THIS week as he will be busy touring like a maniac in august & will not have time to do diddly. consequently, in terms of recordings, it is very important I get something for "ride it" ASAP because I very much desire his participation & I'm sure y'all do to. so pretty please with sugar on top, something? anything? screw the gipper, do it for me?

of course, g love & special k need a demo of "drafty" & jared & stephanie need a demo of "waste your time" & while those demos aren't needed this week, they will be needed eventually. I know this puts a lot of pressure on the rest of you mig folk & I'm sorry about that. I figured having the merc recording would take away most of the pressure but that's just the way it goes quoth morrissey. the best I can do is promise to get you very drunk on classy broads (tm) everytime you complete a demo. not much, I know but at least it's something!

secondly, the winner:

beastmaster romance has finished his electronic take on breaklights. you can listen to it here:

http://www.lamepunkslogan.com/podcast/blightselectrospazz.mp3

doesn't it sound like a tiny little german car racing along the autobahn? I love it!

thirdly, other updates:

jess e. informed me with a smile on her gorgeous face that carol ann has not started work on hardest part. I realized then that while beautiful women can get away with murder, a beautiful & kind woman can get away with a lot more. green peppers in my food? yup, that kinda bad. nevertheless, she assured me that they would work on it soon & george told me that after hearing the song again on friday he was confident they would conquer. the rumor that eric s. will guest on guitar grows & grows in my head & I have hopes that it will occur. they will update me when something happens.

chris b from mo' matching drapes has joined our little knitting circle & will be tackling "call me down". everyone wave hello!

joe w told me the u-hearts were gonna do something to brakelights. I wish I could remember just what but it was loud & late & I was drunk.

the + 1's met last night. we have a basic structure idea. since we don't have any narration just yet, & jen was not there, steph read from a brautigan book into a megaphone. it actually sounds pretty good. I can't wait to add alex & jen to the mix & (hopefully!) some of joe willie's word-smithage.

after that, cheez & I aka smilax started some work on "magician's son" & we were pleased enough with our kernel to give each other some high fives & even say "oh yeah!". once we are done with the song, we're gonna grab some spears & go terrorize some unsuspecting cabbages as they sleep in their gardens. or something.

cris whose side project, spy alarms, is doing "you can die" has told me some of his ideas but I can't tell you about it. I swore an oath on a stack of mojo magazines.

I heard a sliver of faint praise's (tina & phil) "guilty" & it's pretty & hesitant like chimes & I can't wait to hear the completed song.

that's it for now. thanks again for being a part of this very special after school project & please keep me updated on your progress!

love, d

* i.e. pink floyd at live8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home