from the tower of babel
dear friends,
48 days aka 7 weekends to go...
updates:
1. smilax (me & phil) has made considerable progress on our work on "magician's son". I expect that once I learn to not fuck it up, it'll be lovely.
2. the mayan empire (bryan & mary) has also made a dent on "self-destruct". considering that their version will have some of tv on the radio's doo-wop from space sound, I'm sure it'll please the ears.
3. I made a mistake in my last post & said spy alarms (cris) was doing "waste your time". this was a mistake. he is doing "you can die" & I quote, "hehe! wait till you hear what i've got up my sleeve" & I don't know about you, but I love it when people say stuff like that. I actually clap my little hands together like a movie villian. it's really quite ridiculous.
4. through the miracle of cooperation, tina & bryan graciously recorded a demo of "if you ride it.." to email to andy aka secret dakota ring. he wrote back to thank everyone for the rush order. such good manners!
5. on that end, mig will be playing "drafty" this friday at crash mansion which is g love & special k's (kristie & george) song. if anyone out there has recording device of any kind, please let me know as it would be greatly appreciated as it would save tina & bryan from making another demo & that would be grrrrreat.
6. I think I'm close to cracking "mr. invisible", which is good, because I want j to still wanna hit it after he hears it. what? I have priorities. geez.
7. the +1's (not to be confused with those plus ones that are touring the states...pfft, impostors I say!) will be in need of a space with a drum kit to use the first weekend in september. if anyone is willing to let us use their space for a couple of hours so we can rehearse our song we would be appreciative in the form of baked goods & my not hitting you for at least several months. thanks!
8. from the department of last minute, baby be-gone (yeah, I'm calling you out) has not yet decided between cremate this band & waste your time. I'm toying with the idea of having all of you vote as to which one they should do & have that be that.
9. please oh please keep me updated on your work. it'll help me sleep at night.
love, d
48 days aka 7 weekends to go...
updates:
1. smilax (me & phil) has made considerable progress on our work on "magician's son". I expect that once I learn to not fuck it up, it'll be lovely.
2. the mayan empire (bryan & mary) has also made a dent on "self-destruct". considering that their version will have some of tv on the radio's doo-wop from space sound, I'm sure it'll please the ears.
3. I made a mistake in my last post & said spy alarms (cris) was doing "waste your time". this was a mistake. he is doing "you can die" & I quote, "hehe! wait till you hear what i've got up my sleeve" & I don't know about you, but I love it when people say stuff like that. I actually clap my little hands together like a movie villian. it's really quite ridiculous.
4. through the miracle of cooperation, tina & bryan graciously recorded a demo of "if you ride it.." to email to andy aka secret dakota ring. he wrote back to thank everyone for the rush order. such good manners!
5. on that end, mig will be playing "drafty" this friday at crash mansion which is g love & special k's (kristie & george) song. if anyone out there has recording device of any kind, please let me know as it would be greatly appreciated as it would save tina & bryan from making another demo & that would be grrrrreat.
6. I think I'm close to cracking "mr. invisible", which is good, because I want j to still wanna hit it after he hears it. what? I have priorities. geez.
7. the +1's (not to be confused with those plus ones that are touring the states...pfft, impostors I say!) will be in need of a space with a drum kit to use the first weekend in september. if anyone is willing to let us use their space for a couple of hours so we can rehearse our song we would be appreciative in the form of baked goods & my not hitting you for at least several months. thanks!
8. from the department of last minute, baby be-gone (yeah, I'm calling you out) has not yet decided between cremate this band & waste your time. I'm toying with the idea of having all of you vote as to which one they should do & have that be that.
9. please oh please keep me updated on your work. it'll help me sleep at night.
love, d

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home