what you see & never can trust
dear friends,
27 days left. do you know where your tribute concepts are?
I just listened to EMSO's recan this yam aka cremate this band. & it's kind of like vangelis (gulp) meets joy division (yay!). wait. is that new order? yes, it could be. seriously, bryan sounds uncannily like ian curtis which was surprising because I thought I knew what bryan sounded like when he vocalizes & it certainly wasn't a brilliant & influential suicidal frontman of a seminal band from manchester. which just goes to show why these tributes are fun for all & sundry.
dan wholey sent me his demo several weeks ago of the hardest part & I quite like the direction he's taking the song in. he certainly sounds miffed; genuine quite peeved at breaking your heart. & I, for one, am gonna love book-ending the two hardest parts. to think I will have to do my gleeful snickering in silence while my boy sleeps. too bad. I'll probably look like gollum drooling over raw fish*. & that will be a funny & terrifying sight.
chris b of mo' matching drapes tells me that he is planning a u2-esque version of call me down. I told him that if he does go down that road to be sure to outfit himself in joshua tree-era bono duds & strike a lot of messianic poses. because that would make for a great liner notes photo.
king soma informed me that he is done with recurring theme & that I should be receiving it soon in the mail. exciting!
from mary:
"tme feat hc! is planning to rehearse saturday night and hopefully record at flood sunday since mig is off. we have several different working concepts for s-d and are going to try 'em out at the space to see what works best in the end. it's possible we may punk it up instead of going pretty, because as b noted, there may be a lot of pretty songs on this album, so maybe we could bring in some variety with a more screamy take (NOT screamo, bite your tongue). the kazoo solo is definite, though."
the + 1's will be recording with travis biz on september 4. r.c. has graciously accepted (in a bar no less! the best place to get folks to say yes to a random request, I find.) to come artfully photograph us in action for a 60 page spread in W magazine. just playin', I mean for posterity. steph & I anxiously await joe willie's word-pearls so that we can seamlessly integrate them into our "fugazi & en vogue cover gimme shelter" scheme for apathy at our pre-recording rehearsal.
I am currently taking suggestions as to what to name the cd, as in: the bahamas are islands: the songs of jeremy joseph or something like that. if anything strikes you as especially fitting, let me know...
keep the details coming!
love, d
* & yes, before I got with j I was blissfully ignorant of lord of the rings so blame him for the reference. to be fair, he has to put up with my america's top model marathon viewings so yeah...things we do for love people!
27 days left. do you know where your tribute concepts are?
I just listened to EMSO's recan this yam aka cremate this band. & it's kind of like vangelis (gulp) meets joy division (yay!). wait. is that new order? yes, it could be. seriously, bryan sounds uncannily like ian curtis which was surprising because I thought I knew what bryan sounded like when he vocalizes & it certainly wasn't a brilliant & influential suicidal frontman of a seminal band from manchester. which just goes to show why these tributes are fun for all & sundry.
dan wholey sent me his demo several weeks ago of the hardest part & I quite like the direction he's taking the song in. he certainly sounds miffed; genuine quite peeved at breaking your heart. & I, for one, am gonna love book-ending the two hardest parts. to think I will have to do my gleeful snickering in silence while my boy sleeps. too bad. I'll probably look like gollum drooling over raw fish*. & that will be a funny & terrifying sight.
chris b of mo' matching drapes tells me that he is planning a u2-esque version of call me down. I told him that if he does go down that road to be sure to outfit himself in joshua tree-era bono duds & strike a lot of messianic poses. because that would make for a great liner notes photo.
king soma informed me that he is done with recurring theme & that I should be receiving it soon in the mail. exciting!
from mary:
"tme feat hc! is planning to rehearse saturday night and hopefully record at flood sunday since mig is off. we have several different working concepts for s-d and are going to try 'em out at the space to see what works best in the end. it's possible we may punk it up instead of going pretty, because as b noted, there may be a lot of pretty songs on this album, so maybe we could bring in some variety with a more screamy take (NOT screamo, bite your tongue). the kazoo solo is definite, though."
the + 1's will be recording with travis biz on september 4. r.c. has graciously accepted (in a bar no less! the best place to get folks to say yes to a random request, I find.) to come artfully photograph us in action for a 60 page spread in W magazine. just playin', I mean for posterity. steph & I anxiously await joe willie's word-pearls so that we can seamlessly integrate them into our "fugazi & en vogue cover gimme shelter" scheme for apathy at our pre-recording rehearsal.
I am currently taking suggestions as to what to name the cd, as in: the bahamas are islands: the songs of jeremy joseph or something like that. if anything strikes you as especially fitting, let me know...
keep the details coming!
love, d
* & yes, before I got with j I was blissfully ignorant of lord of the rings so blame him for the reference. to be fair, he has to put up with my america's top model marathon viewings so yeah...things we do for love people!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home