when it turns to flames
dear participants,
3 days until the rough mix deadline, 7 days until you need to give me the real deal (pronounced: rill dill) goods plus your bio/liner notes/photo. time flies, right? don't I know it.
updates:
1. first off, you should all know that as of this saturday, the cat officially left the bag. that's right. jeremy christopher joseph figured it out.
he pieced together various clues, (my carrying his mic & a bright red tambourine in my purse*, jeremiah & bryan "making secret eyes"** at each other after practice, heather kelly calling me when she never does, etc. etc.) sussed out the situation & asked me point blank if I was doing what he thought I was doing. I said, yes. I am. I am doing exactly what you think I'm doing. then I chopped down a cherry tree.
I wish I could tell you that he'd said, "I knew you bitches were up to something!" & then did a wild leprechaun jig but really he just smiled the non-teeth showing smile & looked clever. & pleased...because really, how could he not be?
of course, this means nothing since he doesn't know who is involved & just what is being done so he should still look like a child who's fallen off the jungle gym once the cd release party comes to town on saturday, the 17th. I still haven't remembered to ask alex what his exact address is ('cause I'm busy & confused, dammit) but I shall soon. bryan has offered to make guitarmy pins & mary has offered to make an ice cream cake. please let them know that you support those actions. I wanted to have a guitar shaped pinata (imagine a tilde in there) available but my rapidly diminishing funds say no go. oh well. perhaps we can persuade heather kelly to dress like a sailor instead. not to hit her in place of the pinata or anything but because it looked cute as hell the last time she did it. anywho, the evite should be coming your way sometime real soon...
the +1's went to serious biz this past sunday to record apathy...but first we had to rehearse! & helping us out on that end was tina "the accoster" (sic) da costa filling in on drums. she did so beautifully & got a couple of beers & a thumb blister for her troubles. rock 'n' roll! treadmill of excellence! woo!
also providing invaluable assistance was the fabulous kristie of g love & special k/song corporation fame who lent us the use of her rehearsal space. she let us in, helped folks set up & didn't even laugh (at least not in front of us) when she caught a bit of that special +1's sound. then a couple of hours later when we were done, she came back, locked up the joint & held our hands. all with a smile on her cutie pie face. sigh. & she didn't even ask for nothing. she's aces.
but back to the biz. travis was lovely. mary did magic hands on the studio cat, mr. business, & on her longhorn. that reads dirty, doesn't it? it damn well should. jenny handled the mega-phone & joe willie's especially commissioned spoken word piece with aplomb. travis said something about steph & I's backing vocals that I can't quite bring myself to type but I'll let you know it was VERY flattering. cheez put the guitars in guitarmy & sounded convincingly butch when called for. & did I mention travis was lovely? because in addition to recording our little effort, he filled in for alex as the drummer +1. & he did his part in one take! dang!
in short, serious business is a good place to record. mr. travis will take care of you & make you sound professional & shiz. the end.
2. despite the fact that he is a bona fide touring rock star & dances around on his tippy toes like he's in charlie's angels! the musical, a-ross aka secret dakota ring (if you haven't heard, you should, go here: http://secretdakotaring.com/) has recorded a lil bit o' if you ride... & is sending it to travis for drummage. in a totally un-asked for plug, I would like to point out that mr. ross will be coming to a tv screen near you late night this thursday, september 8 when ok go performs on the tonight show. if you're out supporting cris a's junefool that night at rare, there's always ye olde vcr.
I know, I know. I can't stand the chin man either but I will take one for the team just so I get the chance to watch andy strut his stuff on late night telly. it is bound to be fantastico! & possibly...velvet-y!
3. mary tells me that the mayan empire feat. hula cougar!'s self destruct is "kick ass!" but is still missing the hc! kazoos. those pesky french canadians & their missing cougars!
to the rest of ya, I hoped you enjoyed the holiday weekend! when I'm stressed I like to pluck my eyebrows obsessively & right now they're looking positively late-period syd barrett which I suppose is kind of appropriate.
I anxiously & excitedly await your efforts...
love, d
* to be fair, I can frequently be found carrying percussive items in my purse. you never know when you're gonna need a shaker.
**boy, I would've loved to have seen that.
3 days until the rough mix deadline, 7 days until you need to give me the real deal (pronounced: rill dill) goods plus your bio/liner notes/photo. time flies, right? don't I know it.
updates:
1. first off, you should all know that as of this saturday, the cat officially left the bag. that's right. jeremy christopher joseph figured it out.
he pieced together various clues, (my carrying his mic & a bright red tambourine in my purse*, jeremiah & bryan "making secret eyes"** at each other after practice, heather kelly calling me when she never does, etc. etc.) sussed out the situation & asked me point blank if I was doing what he thought I was doing. I said, yes. I am. I am doing exactly what you think I'm doing. then I chopped down a cherry tree.
I wish I could tell you that he'd said, "I knew you bitches were up to something!" & then did a wild leprechaun jig but really he just smiled the non-teeth showing smile & looked clever. & pleased...because really, how could he not be?
of course, this means nothing since he doesn't know who is involved & just what is being done so he should still look like a child who's fallen off the jungle gym once the cd release party comes to town on saturday, the 17th. I still haven't remembered to ask alex what his exact address is ('cause I'm busy & confused, dammit) but I shall soon. bryan has offered to make guitarmy pins & mary has offered to make an ice cream cake. please let them know that you support those actions. I wanted to have a guitar shaped pinata (imagine a tilde in there) available but my rapidly diminishing funds say no go. oh well. perhaps we can persuade heather kelly to dress like a sailor instead. not to hit her in place of the pinata or anything but because it looked cute as hell the last time she did it. anywho, the evite should be coming your way sometime real soon...
the +1's went to serious biz this past sunday to record apathy...but first we had to rehearse! & helping us out on that end was tina "the accoster" (sic) da costa filling in on drums. she did so beautifully & got a couple of beers & a thumb blister for her troubles. rock 'n' roll! treadmill of excellence! woo!
also providing invaluable assistance was the fabulous kristie of g love & special k/song corporation fame who lent us the use of her rehearsal space. she let us in, helped folks set up & didn't even laugh (at least not in front of us) when she caught a bit of that special +1's sound. then a couple of hours later when we were done, she came back, locked up the joint & held our hands. all with a smile on her cutie pie face. sigh. & she didn't even ask for nothing. she's aces.
but back to the biz. travis was lovely. mary did magic hands on the studio cat, mr. business, & on her longhorn. that reads dirty, doesn't it? it damn well should. jenny handled the mega-phone & joe willie's especially commissioned spoken word piece with aplomb. travis said something about steph & I's backing vocals that I can't quite bring myself to type but I'll let you know it was VERY flattering. cheez put the guitars in guitarmy & sounded convincingly butch when called for. & did I mention travis was lovely? because in addition to recording our little effort, he filled in for alex as the drummer +1. & he did his part in one take! dang!
in short, serious business is a good place to record. mr. travis will take care of you & make you sound professional & shiz. the end.
2. despite the fact that he is a bona fide touring rock star & dances around on his tippy toes like he's in charlie's angels! the musical, a-ross aka secret dakota ring (if you haven't heard, you should, go here: http://secretdakotaring.com/) has recorded a lil bit o' if you ride... & is sending it to travis for drummage. in a totally un-asked for plug, I would like to point out that mr. ross will be coming to a tv screen near you late night this thursday, september 8 when ok go performs on the tonight show. if you're out supporting cris a's junefool that night at rare, there's always ye olde vcr.
I know, I know. I can't stand the chin man either but I will take one for the team just so I get the chance to watch andy strut his stuff on late night telly. it is bound to be fantastico! & possibly...velvet-y!
3. mary tells me that the mayan empire feat. hula cougar!'s self destruct is "kick ass!" but is still missing the hc! kazoos. those pesky french canadians & their missing cougars!
to the rest of ya, I hoped you enjoyed the holiday weekend! when I'm stressed I like to pluck my eyebrows obsessively & right now they're looking positively late-period syd barrett which I suppose is kind of appropriate.
I anxiously & excitedly await your efforts...
love, d
* to be fair, I can frequently be found carrying percussive items in my purse. you never know when you're gonna need a shaker.
**boy, I would've loved to have seen that.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home